Average US gamer is 30 years old.
Also interesting to see that there’s more gamers aged 36 or over than there are under 18 years old.
The statistics come from the Entertainment Software Association, which conducts one of the most comprehensive surveys of the US video game market. Also released figures include:
- Consumers spent $24.75 billion on video games, hardware and accessories in 2011.
- The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
- Forty-seven percent of all game players are women.
- Thirty-three percent of gamers play games on their smartphones
- 25 percent play games on their handheld device.